How to get higher Google ranking?
Success in the digital world is heavily dependent on Search engine optimization (SEO). Irrespective of the kind of business, the ranking of a website in search engines such as Google is something a business owner must consider seriously. An effective SEO strategy is indispensable for online visibility, attracting new clients, growing a business, and boosting profits. Graphic Lux shares tips to achieve higher Google ranking.
1. High-quality, SEO-optimized content
High-quality content is the key to SEO success. With the introduction of Google’s EAT criteria: expertise, authoritativeness, and trustworthiness in 2018, the yardstick for content quality is sky-high. To attract search engines, businesses need to populate their website with quality content that is original and error-free.
Content should be in shorter chunks, keyword-rich, mobile-optimized, written to address the specific needs of the target audience, and should include relevant links to additional internal and external content.
2. On-Page SEO
High-quality content also needs to be optimized for search engines. Here’s how businesses can manage that:
- Choose one primary keyword for the page and three to four related keywords.
- Include the primary keyword in the URL.
- The primary keyword must be included in the title tag, meta description, and H1.
- Content should be high-quality and written according to eighth-grade reading level.
- Create a content structure to make it easily scannable such as bullets and H1 headings.
- Include at least one image to make the content attractive.
- Insert links to high-quality sites with good Google rankings in the content.
3. Use Backlinks
Backlinks are links from other sites leading to the clients’ site. This is one of the most heavily weighted Google ranking factors. When a site is consistently referred to by other quality websites, Google recognizes that it’s trusted. Incoming links to a website content from high-authority domains establish a site’s authority, bring in traffic, and improve the search ranking.
Digital security is indispensable. Great content won’t matter if the platform is not accessible and secure. High-quality backlinks cannot be generated on a website that is not viewed as trustworthy. To ensure website security, use HTTPS encryption and acquire an SSL certificate of the site. A secure connection between the platform and the end-users offers protection to the users.
5. Improve page speed
Top-positioned Google sites average a load time of fewer than 3 seconds. For e-commerce websites, 2 seconds is the acceptable threshold. According to Google Search Central, Google aims for less than a half-second. And with the latest Page Experience Update in June 2021, it is imperative to work on improving page speed. This update is intended to bring a better experience to users by prioritizing pages that offer a quality page performance — i.e. fast load times, and a non-shifting, stable page.
6. User engagement
Beyond quality and SEO-optimized content, there is one more crucial criterion for SEO success – engaging content. Google uses the artificial intelligence tool called RankBrain to assess user engagement. This tool looks at elements like click-through rate (how many people click when presented with a search engine result) and dwell time (how much time people spend on a site).
For better user engagement, use a clear site architecture that makes navigation simple. High-quality web design, engaging images, and captivating infographics also keep the visitors engaged.
Mobile SEO is the process of optimizing a website to ensure that the site looks great and functions properly on mobile devices. This provides a positive site experience to users since it looks great on any device, regardless of the screen size. A website that is not mobile-friendly can hurt both the SEO and the audience’s perception of a business. In fact, 52% of users are less likely to engage with a company again due to a bad mobile experience.
The majority of all web traffic worldwide is now generated by mobile phones. Recognizing the importance of on-the-go web browsing, Google has explicitly stated that mobile-friendliness is a SERP factor.
Crawlability ensures that search engines can discover a site amidst billions of live web pages. “Googlebot” is constantly crawling the web, looking for and indexing pages. Some of the most common reasons Googlebot misses sites is that the site is newly launched, the site’s design makes it difficult to crawl effectively, or the website policy blocks Googlebot from crawling.
Why Graphic Lux?
Graphic Lux offers an array of digital services to clients across Buffalo, NY. It is a one-stop-shop for a business’ digital needs:
- WordPress Website design, consultation, maintenance, and SEO: Graphic Lux specializes in WordPress website design and has over 12 years of experience. It can help build a WordPress custom theme from scratch or take a pre-existing theme and customize it as per client needs. The team also keeps the site running smoothly, without any downtime.
- Hosting: The team offers the assurance that a website will be online and available for customers and visitors with all its data intact.
- Brand building: The team can help create a strong brand identity for the client by optimizing the content using visual devices.
- Dedicated support: With years of experience and unrivaled expertise the Graphic Lux support team will understand the client’s concerns and goals to give them peace of mind.
- Responsive web design: Graphic Lux is on the cutting edge of designing and delivering responsive web and mobile apps. Its solutions decrease time to market and reduce maintenance costs.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call at (716) 712-4589.
Contact Information:Graphic Lux
1 W Seneca St Suite 29-M18
Buffalo, NY 14203