Graphic Lux – Copyright 2021. All Rights Reserved
A large percentage of people do not trust ads. Up to 70% of people skip over them and proceed to the organic listings (not PPC). These are the listings in the maps section and the non-paid listings usually just below the maps. You achieve these rankings by:
- Having a great looking and functioning website.
- Writing content that people want to read and offers solutions.
- Utilizing appropriate on-site optimization techniques.
- Promoting your website so that Google views it as an authoritative source of information.
- Getting great online reviews.
Content That Ranks
There are two categories of content: Practice Areas and Supportive.
Practice area content content are the pages that you want to rank for your ‘money phrases’ that are most likely to convert. Those are the phrases mentioned earlier, like Divorce Lawyer.
FORTUNATELY, DIVORCE LAWYERS DON’T NEED AS MANY MONEY PAGES AS OTHER PRACTICE AREAS. GET THE PRIMARY PRACTICE AREA PAGES COMPETITIVE AND THEN FOCUS ON WRITING SUPPORTIVE CONTENT.
The key aspect of these pages is that you want them to be more comprehensive and helpful than your competitors. Conduct searches to see what pages are ranking for the phrases you want this page to rank for and ensure your page is better.
- What subtopics are other attorneys writing about?
- Is the order of the subtopics appropriate?
- What sources are the competitors using?
- Is there information your competitors aren’t providing? (You want to differentiate your page somehow.)
Those concepts can also be applied to the supportive pages. These pages play two important roles. First, some people may be searching for questions before they decide to look for an attorney. So, this is an opportunity to help them get familiar with your firm. An example topic may be, “How can I uncover hidden assets?”
The second purpose supportive content plays is making your firm appear to be an authority on the topic of divorce. If your website ranks for a variety of divorce topics, then your site is more likely to rank across the board. The key aspect here is that you need your supportive pages to rank for the phrases they are targeting. Adding large amounts of content can be hazardous because Google only wants to see high quality content on a site. It is better to add fewer pages and rank well than a ton of content that no one sees.